scroll

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree







Every year I think we have the discussion about how we should break down and get a fake tree. How it would save us money be less mess etc. But every year we come to the conclusion that we just can't do it. I'll admit we don't make a bit to-do out of christmas but the tree has always been my favorite part. I remember as a kid trudging around in the snow as we looked for a christmas tree to cut down. We don't go out into the woods and cut down our own tree anymore but we have fun going to the tree farms. Our first year in Texas we tried going to a farm where you cut down your own tree but we found we don't like the trees that grow well in Texas (at least not for a christmas tree). Especially since one of our favorite parts of the tree is the smell. This year we were not sure what we were going to be able to find living in a new town. But we lucked out we found a great little family run farm about 20 minutes from our house. The people that own the farm were just the nicest people and they had some beautiful fraser firs that were extremely well cared for. I think we know where we will be going for the next 3 years. We have never spent much money on the decorating of the tree. In fact it is a bit eclectic with handmade ornaments from the kids and ornaments we have been given as gifts but I love the memories it brings and the people we think about as we add the ornaments they have given us to the tree.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Christmas Trees with handmade ornaments are the best kind!!

Tina said...

I love your tree! It's just beautiful! Hope all is well.