



This pregnancy for some reason has seemed much longer than the others. I don't think that it helped that I had preterm labor at 34 weeks and false labor for two weeks before actually going into labor. Even my doctor seemed somewhat surprised that things went the way they did. Last Saturday I got up and was having contractions every five minutes for about three hours. We got ready to go to the hospital, I had Brett get someone to cover his shift and work and cancel his meetings and the contractions stopped completely. I tried vacuuming, walking, cleaning my carpets and even bowling but the contractions would not start back up again. Tuesday rolled around and once again I start contracting regularly I got ready to go in and decided to do wii fit for a few minutes to hopefully keep things going. Unfortunately it had to opposite effect and once again the contractions stopped completely. I told Brett to go into work. While at work Brett went up and talked to a doctor in Labor and Delivery. I think the waiting was driving Brett crazy. The doctor told him to just have me come in. I didn't want to because I was afraid it would mean I would end up on pitocin. I think it really frustrated Brett that I didn't want to go in. About 4 pm I started having contractions again. I have to admit by this point I was thinking they would probably just stop again but decided to go in just because I knew they wouldn't send me home ( my doctor and the doctor on and told me this) We got to the triage room and waited for maybe 45 minutes while they just put me on the monitors and made me drink water etc to try and get the baby to wake up. They seemed to be in no hurry to check me but when they did their attitude changed quickly. I was at an 8+ !! Those are definitely words that you like to hear. Even though I was at the hospital for a few hours before I delivered things were really not bad. I remember laughing and joking, somehting I have never done with previous labors. They got me back to a room and started doing all the admit stuff. They asked if I wanted an epidural. Because I had, had some problems with epidurals in the past and I was doing pretty good, I said that I was fine and didn't need one. They told me they would still like me to just meet with anesthesiology. Luckily I had a great anesthesiologist that at first talked me into just letting him thread the catheter so I could easily change my mind if I wanted and then as my confidence with him increased, he talked me into a low dose epidural. I could still feel the contractions but they didn't hurt too bad. He left and they broke my water. An hour later our baby was born.
Kelsey Anne Nielson was born at 8:53 Pm. She was 8 lbs 9.5 oz and 20 inches long. and perfectly healthy. although the next day they decided to do a EKG, chest x-ray and CBC on her. Long story there but she was always fine they were just paranoid. She is doing great and the kids love her. They just wish she didn't sleep so much
5 comments:
Congratulations guys!! What a beauty.
I've been thinking of you so much the last few weeks. I am so glad things went well with you, Andrea,
and with Kelsey. I bet you are so relieved!! She's finally here.
Congratulations!
Congratulations!!
congratulations! She's so beautiful. So happy for you and your cute family.
You're amazing! Kelsey is beautiful! I'm glad things went so well. I miss you here in San Antonio.
Post a Comment