scroll

Monday, August 17, 2009

Slumber party-First and Last?






My girls have always been mad at me for not letting them go to slumber parties. I have various reasons which I will not go into. I will say though for the sake of this post that one of the reasons I don't allow them is because I know the kids always go to bed ridiculously late and then the next day I am dealing with cranky kids.
anyway we did a summer reading program for the kids and Brett had the idea of letting them have a slumber party at our house as the big prize for reading 20 chapter books. I agreed. The evening started great we had lots of fun activities. of course there was Pizza, then they decorated pillow cases, painted nails, decorated cupcakes, did candy guessing games and finally settled in with a movie. I sent them to bed at 11:00 knowing that they would not be going to sleep right away. Long story short I went to bed at 1Am thinking they were settled down for the most part other then a bit of whispering. At 4 am I woke up and heard noise. I got up to check on it and found most of the girls up playing the wii and eating leftover Pizza and treats. I also found out they were trying to prank each other and since noone else would go to sleep they picked on Tanner putting jelly beans in his bed and pizza and garlic on his head. I am sure this evening will make him not enjoy being the only boy with four sistersNeedless to say I was not happy. I sent them all back to bed and am still trying to decide if their first sleepover will also be their last.

1 comment:

Carroll Family said...

Very similar feelings over here!