I often wonder how much time 911 operators spend on calls from Children. I have now had all three of my older kids call 911. Aubrie was under a year old when she was playing with the phone and somehow managed to call 911 when I was in the shower. Today Tanner came home and gleefully punched 911 into the phone. I grabbed the phone asking if he had really dialed and of course was greeted by the emergency operater. we had a smilar situation when Kaitlyn was in preschool. Both times it came after they were taught in school about calling 911. I think the teachers need to be a little more clear as to when it is OK to call. This of course made we wonder how many other calls to 911 were made today and how many calls they receive each year from kids just practicing.
The best part of today came though after I talked to the operator and told her we were fine and she verified my information she still sent a policeman over. I guess that happens when you live in a town where the police jurisdiction is only 2500 people. I guess they need to have something to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment