Wednesday, October 14, 2009
colic?
when Kelsey was just a few days old and Brett said she had colic, I was in denial. Our first four kids had been so easy that I felt like we just had a "normal" kid that was maybe a little fussy. I would not say she had colic. Then the patterns started to develop- the clenched fists, the arched back the periods of fussiness that would last for hours in the evening. I finally admitted we had our first baby with colic. Fortunately it was something that mainly manifested in the evening she was good most of the day and I think she worked herself up so much at night that she is our first baby to start sleeping through the night at 2 months. The other kids were more like 9 months ( Brett swears it was earlier than that- But I keep telling him that just because he was sleeping through the night it doesn't mean our babies were :) ) She is also doing a lot better now that she is a little older and I have learned to avoid chocolate and broccoli. The funny thing is that she is always done better with constant noise, she loves the mixer and the vacuum and does great at noisy restaurants. I am posting a video of her reaction to the vacuum. I find it amusing because it soothes her so quickly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's pretty funny (the video)!
Elise was that way. We used to drive everywhere with static on the radio. Called it "her station". I loved how quickly she reacted to the vacuum going on and off. Pretty cute.
Post a Comment