scroll

Sunday, August 30, 2009

This is the place Pioneer park






While we were out in Utah we went to This is the place Pioneer park. The sad thing is we never knew it was there. Of course we have been to the Zoo and Brett and I used to work just a few blocks from the place. I always thought there was just the monument there. I understand though it has been added to fairly recently. anyway it is such a cool place. I can't believe we have never gone before. The kids were able to learn more about pioneer lifestyle and it was so much fun. They were able to try their hands at washing clothes on a washboard,beating rugs, making candles and so much more. There were horse rides and a petting zoo. They got to stamp leather, make arrowhead necklaces and make rope. I was amazed at how much there was to do. We were there about 4 hours and probably only saw half of the stuff. It's a place we will definitely have to go back to

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

We went to an old village recently. The kids always love that stuff and I leave with a much deeper appreciation for my washing machine, oven, and air conditioner!