scroll

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Burnet Nativity





When we lived in San Antonio some friends mentioned driving an hour and a half away to go see a living nativity. I thought that was crazy. Later I started hearing more about it and in our many drives between Fort Hood and SanAntonio we always drove through Burnet, the town where this nativity is. I kept thinking since it was only an hour away now and we had heard a lot of good things about it that we should try it out. Last year we missed it but this year we finally made it and I will say it was worth the drive. We met some friends from San Antonio there. That made the line that we had to stand in over an hour to get in more enjoyable. It is difficult to really explain but the area is set up as a the city of bethlehem with different areas such as the market, the candle maker, the rope maker, the well, the inn and many more areas. They have people dressed in costume acting as if they are living at the time of the birth of the Savior at the end is the manger scene. It really was well done. The weather was perfect which I think contributed to the large crowds which I definitely could have done without but all in all it was a great night.

No comments: